The Pend Oreille River enters Washington near Newport and continues flowing North through Pend Oreille county, passing the towns of Usk, Cusick, Ione, Metaline, Metaline Falls, and on into Canada.
Metaline Falls and the surrounding area have much to offer!
Every third weekend in July is the areas annual Poker Paddle on the Pend Oreille from Usk, WA to Ione, WA.
Contact us about renting a canoe!
Every fourth weekend in July is Ione's annual Down River Days celebration. Come join the community for two days full of activities and interesting things to see and do!
Make sure to join us Labor Day weekend for the annual Affair on Mainstreet in Metaline Falls! Live music in the park, food, fun, arts and crafts vendors as well as a flea & farmers market. Make sure to not miss the train rides or the motorcycle and car shows.
Need a place to stay? Here are some of our local suggestions:
FOR A FEE:
- Mt. Linton RV & Trailer Park. Located in Metaline, WA. Shower, toilet and laundry facilities included. (509)-446-4553
- The Historic Washington Hotel (509)-446-4415
- The Circle Motel (509)-446-4343
- Box Canyon Resort Motel (509)-442-3728
- The Historic Miners Hotel (509)-446-4415
- Camping areas at Sullivan Lake
- Boundary Dam Campground
- Box Canyon Dam Campground
Both have a great swimming area with toilet facilities on location.